Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving.

Being at my internship on a Wednesday where the office is gonna close at some point between Noon and 1pm- I'm tryin pretty hard to focus. Oh wait, I don't really have shit to do/they want me to do so I'm like fuck it. I'm on Facebook n I'm readin all these ppl's statuses talkin about Thanksgiving this Thnaksgiving that. So I decided to think of the things that I look most forward to doing on that day:

1) Sleeping in. I normally have to get up around 7-710 in the mornin 3x/week. Ever since the Crapple store got rid of me it's just those three days really but still I find it annoying as fuck to go somewhere where I'm not gettin paid.

2) Football. Granted the Titans-Lions game and the Seahawks-Cowboys games are projected bloodbaths but hey- sometimes those are the most entertaining games because they're like accidents; you want to see just how bad it is. We like to witness other people's misery, etc. But fuck it, I'll be watchin because I'm not gonna subject myself to a Twilight Zone marathon or some shit.

3) Gettin bent. I haven't really been drinkin that much recently but for the holiday- hittin up my aunt's house and sippin on some cognac is necessary right about now. Get to the house round 430, find a glass, pour some Henny and watch the Seahawks-Cowboys shit as people file in and the food gets ready.

4) The food. But honestly my fatass doesn't care much for it. Turkey is dry so I ain't really a fan, the ham is OK, etc. I normally take a little bit of everything and of course some Apple Pie...but I ain't gonna be the one that gets severe 'itis after eatin my food. I still have an exercise/diet to uphold and I ain't gonna let this ruin me.

Yeh after you eat the food, Thanksgiving is over. Then you got Negro Friday, I mean, Black Friday. I feel sorry for you suckas who gotta work that day; I did last year from 445am-2pm NEVER AGAIN.

Lemme see what I have to be thankful for right now:
1) My improved gambling skills
2) My workout regemein
3) This internship
4) Adidas work
5) Bein black
6) Havin an iPod to drown out mothafuckas
7) Facebook
8) Breathin
9) Mike Tyson quotes
10) Youtube

That's pretty much it. I ain't the type of nigga to go on a long-winded schpel to make hearts flutter tellin you that God, my fam and my friends make me who I am because that should be a given. I just do what I do, unfortunately the hand I'm bein dealt with right now is what I gotta fuck wit but I'm sure it's a test of the emergency broadcast system. Only a test.

And so on.

1 comment:

The Professor said...

lmao... thankful for Mike Tyson quotes...

"I just know what I can do... I mean, yah know what I do... I put people in bodybags..."