Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Change in the DK Buy-A Drink Philosophy?

Here's the thing:

For years I have advocated heavily in the quest of young men to not waste their hard-earned money on the ladies. But through a couple of experiences in the past few weeks, maybe it's not a bad idea afterall to go ahead and do so...with catches of course. These are some okay exceptions:

1) See some chicks at the bar chattin it up with the bartender (who you're hella cool with). He introduces you to them, shoot the shit with them for a bit and then offer them shots. They actually feel guilty...only for the bartender to say that it's all good since the shots were on him anyway. Cha-ching!

2) Met a girl who I was diggin at an open bar. Asked if she wanted a shot of Patron and she said aight. God bless the power of open bar.

3) Met a couple chicks on Thursday while they were tryin to find what Karaoke song to sing. Parlay with them for a hot minute then offer to buy them Patron shots. They're all down with this and head downstairs with myself and a friend. I only paid for my shot and his. Their shots were on him. Ohhhh yeahhhhh.

4) Last night I met a hella chill chick at my homegirl's birthday party/happy hour. After yip yappin and whatnot the jello shot lady came on through. She wanted one but didn't have $3 to spare. Young DK being the man he is paid for himself, his boy, her, and her lady friend for the shots. $3 ain't that serious, especially when it can only help you further. I prob didn't need to buy the shot to be honest...but if you can grab an additional brownie point..fuck it. Low risk, high reward ya dig?

5) At the same spot, the shot lady came by and asked if I wanted a shot. For some odd reason or another I decided to start up a convo with her and this lasted ehh a good ten minutes or so. Shot the shit as I like to do but like Mad Lion I had to take it easy since she's workin and all that. But hey, when u ain't boring it's all good. But I didn't wanna be a dickhead so I got myself and her a shot on me ($4 each so essentially after my tip I gave her $6 in tips, what a lucky chica). She then told me to say bye to her before I left and told me the days that she works. Maybe I go for it? Fuck it nah mean?

So hey, at the end of the day I may be more inclined to be accommodating in this fashion. Just make sure you at least get somethin out of it; whether it's as simple as her number (or Facebook for you advanced stalkers), a make-out, a hang-n-bang, a relationship, a marriage; just not a "well it was nice meeting you I gotta go oh yeah I have a boyfriend too" nightmare. And protect your home-field advantage if you know a bartender because that comes in HUGE.

And so on.

No comments: