Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Hopes, Goals & Aspirations.

Hope everyone's fully recovered from their New Years' Eve activities ha. I was a mess yesterday; I went to the good ol' stomping grounds of Nevadas Smith for the celebration. Sounds sad sure, but you're not gonna beat $50 on NYE. Anyhow, it was much better than last year's debacle- having a couple of my boys roll on through to bring some darkness up in that bitch...and while it wasn't too crowded (which is a good thing), I'm always a stickler for quality. These chicks who lived in CT and go to school in UConn (how ironic huh) saved the day hah. They were learnin how to get down in my homefield. I'd give them a B- in ass-shakage. I give the open bar an A+ for gettin me annihilated. I give 2009 overall an A- for the way it started.

With that said, yesterday and today have given me the chance to recollect and realize that a lot of work needs to be done. But at the same time, if I don't get up and do them...all hope is lost.

Of Top Priority:
1) Ridding my apathy- my sheer laziness is my downfall with everything. I firmly believe that I spend way too much time procrastinating online, especially on Facebook...when I should be working hard on searching for a job. If I don't do this and do this soon, I'm gonna never realize my full potential. And while yeah I'm still young to a degree...time is running out more than I may have cared to realize. So, I'm gonna try to spend less time online and more time out on the go. I do this, and everything else falls into place. Easier said than done I know.

My Goals (in no order):
- Drop 50 pounds. No gastric bypass surgery for me ha. But go on NY Daily News' website and click on the dude who lost 430 pounds in a frickin year. Unbelievable story, even with the gastric bypass. It's gonna be tough; I gotta kick my workouts to a brand new level and STAY CONSISTENT...but I've done it before and will need to do it again.
- Get a Taxi License. Yeah, laugh all you want; but you can make a good $200-300 in an 8ish hour period if you know what's poppin.
- Run in the Long Island Marathon (the half-marathon version) in early May. I'm gonna really try this. If I'm successful, then go for the gold and run in the New York City marathon. You can look at me the same way they looked at anyone who thought the Cowboys AND Patriots would miss the playoffs.
- The full-time job is a given.
- I want to go to Montreal in February but this is becoming increasingly unlikely. New Orleans in May however sounds like an excellent plan.
- Making my 24th birthday party (it will be on February 7th) the most debaucherous, yet the classiest yet.
- It'd be nice to have a steady girlfriend actually. It's not a priority no...but I actually do want to be tied down, the bachelor life is boring to me right now. But, my confidence has been a major issue for quite some time now.
- Go to Caribana for real this time (in July) out in Toronto.
- Take two Mets road trips. One out to Boston for a Mets-Red Sox game; and another for a Mets-Phillies once again. The latter is gonna be hellacious ha. Of course, go to a Mets home game.
- Paintball trip hah.
- I need a new laptop. Preferably a Macbook, yeah I'm gonna switch over.
- LSATs in August/September. The hunt for schools begins now. I'm gonna apply to like 25.

I'm sure I got more but that's all I have for now.

I just want to have a better year physically, financially and emotionally. Even spiritually too.

And so on.

No comments: