Wednesday, March 11, 2009

DK vs. Apple.

Just when you thought I was done dealing with them...not so fast my friend.

Here I am, trying to collect unemployment benefits because my unfortunate ass can't find a job to save my life unless it's one of those Craigslist fucks that talk about "fast growth potential" aka 100% commission for soliciting products. I get my first week, then BAM I stop getting them. I'm curious to know why. Apple now wants to talk about since I got fired due to misconduct that I shouldn't be entitled to receive any of those weekly benefits (from them NOR Adidas for that matter). They state their case; then I have mine. Here's the thing though:

I got fired November 3rd. I understand it was due to this "violating of employer's policies". Apparently in New York, "knowingly violating employer's reasonable policy constitutes misconduct". BUT, I had gotten suspended without pay a good three weeks before this period while they needed to go to HR to review my case (which by the way was unnecessary for the fact that we all knew what was going to happen next and I still don't know why it took so long to come up with the decision). Not to mention that I got a phone call a few days prior to go and "sign some paperwork" aka get my "pink slip" which is really black and white. I got that call on a Tuesday or Wednesday (I cannot remember). Had I been able to go that day and get this paper, I would actually be eligible because I would have made 5x the weekly rate. The problem was that because I was interning Mondays-Wednesdays and I had work with adidas Thurs-Sunday that left me no time to pick up this paper until the aforementioned November 3rd. I told them I could come by and get it around 7 or 8 on that Tuesday or Wednesday but they told me I could not for some reason.

Hence why I felt like this decision that I was rendered today was unfair. I ain't goin down without a fight so I'm gonna have to appeal this decision. Just another reason why other than their products, Apple is pure a crock of shit. My poor former co-workers that have to deal with the RF bullshit everyday.

And so on.

No comments: