Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Rah-Rah.

I was gonna wait until tomorrow night, but I couldn't wait that long.

1) I've never been so frustrated; yet I should have known it was coming. People's double-standards are so twisted. You will get pissed at the thought of your daughter dating a black dude...but if he's Spanish there isn't a problem with that. And the thing is, I know it's because that he's more light-skinned, so it's more "acceptable". I'm not faulting the person, shit I mean I wish the best of luck. But still. True, I never met the parents but what/why would that matter? I had a feeling though that parents who have issues with interracial dating only really do with white on black. Right now I'm not enraged, I was laughing a decent portion but man I wanted to clock somebody.

2) So I go to this spot last night (Proof) some 18+ party and I realize exactly why I hate goin to joints like that. You have the dudes who will dance up on the first thing they see (don't necessarily blame them), the girls who "only want to dance with themselves" and will freak out at the first dude's lap that they feel on their ass, then the choosy girls who may not dance with you, but dance with someone else and that gets you heated, the dudes who I call seagulls- the ones who stand around and wait either for "scraps" or to steal a chick off of a dude, and finally the dude that comes in with his girlfriend, lets her go off and dance but at the first sign of issue will hook her back to him like a fishing rod.

3) My apple store was supposed to have re-opened today but unfortunately there has been some delays with that. It is now scheduled to open back up on Tax Day (April 15th). A little frustrating but you can only take that so far. At least they're giving me the opportunity to work in the city in the meantime; which I have absolutely no problem with.

4) Mets in review: Much better week. Took 2 out of 3 from the Phillies and won against the Brewers last night. Finally, the bounces that had been going Philly's way seemed to have gone ours. Wednesday they were the ones committing errors and giving the Mets 2nd and 3rd chances (and the Mets finally capitalized on them) and Thursday although they blew yet another lead, the Mets got a call at the plate that was debatable yet went in their favor so they won. Last night, Nelson Figueroa got his first win in what 3 years? A nice 6 inning, 2 runs, 2 hits performance. Solid considering he's been pitching from the bullpen and has been sporadic. The offense isn't firing on all cylinders yet, but the pitching this week has been pretty good.

5) The Knicks had a 3 game winning streak! Of course, it went down the shitter last night versus the Hawks, but as of late the Knicks have been putting up better fights. Last night they lost 114-106. It's pretty sad when you give a team moral victories but yes the Knicks have been shorthanded for quite a while now. Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry (not like they are much in the way of help) are injured so a lot of the younger guys have been getting burn; and they play spirited basketball. Definetly not playoff-caliber but it's refreshing to see heart being displayed. Donnie Walsh has A LOT of work in front of him that he needs to do. Although Isiah Thomas should get fired, something tells me it's not gonna happen.

6) This year's NBA playoffs should be the best in recent memory. Granted in the Eastern Conference the top 2 seeds (Boston and Detroit) should slaughter their first round opponents (Atlanta is who Boston will play definetly, the 7 seed hasn't been decided yet though) but besides that, I can see every series going at least 6 games if not the distance. The Western Conference is insane; given how the 8 seed (currently Denver) has 48 wins! And Golden State, who has 47 wins (3 more than what they had last year when they made the playoffs) may miss out completely! The difference in the standings between the 1 seed (currently New Orleans) and Denver at the 8 is 7 games even though there are 3-4 games left on the schedule. If a 7 beats a 2 or something it can't even be viewed as an upset. More playoff analysis when it's about to be time.

I can't even think any more, I'm effin trashed still from last night hah. And so on.

No comments: