Tuesday, February 24, 2009

To Delete or not to Delete?

We all think to ourselves "what the hell is this number still doing on my phone?!" or "why am I still facebook friends with so and so??" or "why is this person on my buddy list when I never talk to them?" Lately I've been wondering the same thing.

Phone: It's always nice to have contacts. For myself personally I have family, friends, fraternity brothers and chicks whom I have met online or when I'm out on my phone. Some people on my phone I barely even call or text but for some reason I keep them on there just in case I somehow get a random call from them or I decide to uber-randomly call them. But when am I ever gonna do that?? Likely, I'm gonna wind up deleting the "temporary fix" numbers first...yeah even though you put some work into gettin that number, it was all for naught anyway so you just gotta take that L. I do have the numbers of all of my ex-es on my phone interestingly enough. Not that I use em, except for one every so often. If it were up to me I'd only have like 30 numbers on my phone but at the end of the day, the more the merrier.

Facebook: You accumulate "friends" on that bitch ever so gradually. Some of them are random as fuck and are added in a Myspace type way- to try and get you to check out their shit...some add you because they think you're cute but you never hear them say a word. Some you add because you met them the night before and it's easier to holla typing than through telecommunications. Some just add you because you went to HS, College or hell grade school with them. Out of my 998 Facebook friends, I probably see 25 of them frequently enough. But you'll never delete them. Why? Really there's no point in getting to it, you haven't spoken to them in hella long and/or they probably have NO clue who you are anymore...but anyone who says they use it "to catch up with old friends" is for the most part lying. To stalk up with old friends is more like it. Oh, and to also have pictures on there, tag people and go "yeah that's right bitches"

AIM: Ever since the dawn of Facebook IM- I barely use AIM anymore and why would I when the person I hit up on Facebook knows who it is without having to take 380324 jabs at a screenname I've had since 1999. If it were up to me, I would get rid of AIM altogether because I don't even use it as a communication tool anymore- also I'm sure the Blackberry has had a lot to do with it also. Every now and then I'll use it if someone hits me up but ehh that's about it.

And so on.

No comments: