Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Chris Brown-Rhianna Situation.

So I'm sure all of yall have heard about it. It's the talk of the town, Chris Brown hit Rhianna. Some sources said he choked her into unconsciousness, some said he smacked her, some said she began the entire ordeal. Whatever the fuck it is, the only things that are for sure are: Rhianna got fucked up, their relationship (right now) is in tatters, and Chris Brown turned himself in.

Now fuck the whole speculation, here's my thing. I hear all these people comin out and talkin about "CB is a bitch ass nigga for what he did, never put your hands on a woman blah blah blah..." The whole cardinal rule of never hit a woman, I can dig that. CB did go farther than I think he should have sure. But- I'll give a real life example...if a woman hit me (say she tried to cold-cock my face)...am I supposed to just stand there hulk up like Hulk Hogan and just Harlem Shake (convulse) and do nothing? A slap, ok maybe that doesn't warrant me to return the favor but I see double standards here. If a woman punches a dude, in my mind she's tryin to instigate somethin pretty serious- in her case some people would feel yeah she was "defending herself" but the second a dude retaliates it can be seen as "domestic abuse". Emotions run deep, especially in love situations so you can't really expect to think before you react. If a girl comes after me wielding a weapon am I supposed to just try and duck out of the way because a real man doesn't touch his woman? Of course not. If a girl keeps hitting me, am I supposed to take it like when the rents used to slap the shit outta me with the belt? I SHOULDN'T, but in this society we have learned to conform to it.

With that said, I would never condone a dude being the one to instigate any physical altercation and if CB was the one who started the hitting/choking THAT'S WHEN I would have no respect for him. Time will tell- but of course this situation (which I'm sure plays out everyday somewhere) is being made a big deal as usual because they're celebrities. But remember, THEY'RE NOT EVEN 21 YET! The media almost makes them out to be a married/long-time couple when they certainly are not. Like A-Rod says they are young, they are stupid, and they are naive.

Somewhat off-topic but you know what grinds my gears right now also? The whole "I'm lookin for my royal prince/king" bullshit. Here's DK's theory of relativity of that shit in order:
- I want this Cinderella man.
- But you know me, I'm I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means?! Hey I can take care of myself I don't need no man to have my back.
- Yet, hey I'm ready for a man to take care of me. I want him in my life I do whatever it is for him.
- Yet, I want a real man who got it goin on! He can buy me thangs, keep me safe.
- Yet, I want a bad boy mmm, keep me on my toes yeah! He don't treat me right but I go back to him anyway.
- Yet, I don't want no games.
- Yet, games and drama I need that so I can have some excitement in my life.

Make some god damn sense and get back to me when you got it all figured out.

And so on.

2 comments:

M.D. Wright said...

I want chicks to read this...

ERIC said...

DK, you should definitely write a book son. "He's just not that into you part II: WHATS GIIIIIIID"