Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Phasing People Out.

I've thought about this for quite a while now...and I'm gonna use the opposite sex spectrum for this one. Ever been cool with a girl/guy and yall talk, shoot the shit, hang out, etc...and then from almost out of nowhere he/she gets into a relationship. The common theme during their honeymoon phase is to disappear off the face of the planet while we put up APB signs at the corner wonderin where they're at. They then come out of nowhere from the caves and are like "Heyyyyy You, Long Time...How Are You??" Um...same way I was 4 months ago you jackass. You can tell that they're hella happy; while you may or not be, on one part you're glad for them that they're happy. On the other hand you're wonderin "Ahh so NOW you're back." There's several different directions where I could go with this (and I've done all of these).

1) Disappear along with them. It's pretty obvious that they won't lose sleep if they don't hear from you and they continue to act as if you should check up on them first to see how they're doing. It's a nice gesture...but the street goes both ways. I'll be real, I don't feel as comfortable talkin to a girl who was single when I met them and now has a boyfriend...especially when I had interest in them. Yes, I do have some jealousy. The thing I hate most is when a girl either decides that NOW she feels comfortable talkin to you now that she's got a man...or vice versa (if I'm taken). Wassup with that?? This is the case for a TON of girls who I have on my phone right now. I've thought of deleting them...but i'm too lazy to do this.

2) Still remain cool with them. This for me is rare. This obviously happens in a case when I have no romantic/sexual interest in them because either there's never that spark...or she's goin out with one of my boys so obviously it's gonna be off-limits. Naturally I'm not gonna have a late night conversation with them nor would I with Case 1...but my convos with these people will be more substantial. I think this is also possible with an ex if you know for a fact that spark is gone...tho that is near-impossible.

3) Even though they're single, they just stop talkin. Some girls you talk to for a while and whether they live close to you or far...all or a sudden they just stop communicating with you. They're used to you hitting them up, yet when they see that you have stopped don't lose sleep over the fact you don't holla at them first. If they were as cool as they claimed that they were, they would follow up.

4) Hey, sometimes when you're phased out, you're phased out. They put that Berlin Wall and you ain't climbin up that bitch without gettin shot down. Just like in Cases 1 and 3 you're gonna end up with the traditional:
Me: Wassup?
Her: nm, u?
Me: Chillin
Her: oic (aka whatever)

IF you're lucky you might get the "what's new". Which leads to another "Oic". Convo ends usually within 10 minutes and you realize that the person has nothing left for you.

Sometimes you realize it sucks when chicks that you used to be hella cool with or even dream about hookin up with suddenly just lose that appeal. I know myself, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. I know a lot of females are comfortable with the whole "I have a lot of guy friends" thing...but if they're taken, I guarantee you that unless her guy friends are also taken...they're not really her friends...UNLESS they're hangin around for a possible breakup. I wouldn't hold my breath on that shit though, you'll choke and die. It may sound like an asshole, but in life you gotta move on.

But fuck it, if I get wifed up...I DO feel more comfortable talkin to girls who are in relationships that I otherwise would not be cool with. Because they're now in the same spectrum as the single-single. In a double standardized society, that's how I roll. You got a problem, turn off your station.

And so on.

1 comment:

eze said...

In my opinion it's not as serious as you're making it seem. Instead of beating yourself up over the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" just be more up front and honest from the get go. If you're feeling them, know that they're not telepathic, and sack up and step to them. If it doesn't work, you can move on or try to salvage life in the friend zone - which isn't that bad if they're as cool as you say they are to begin with. There's nothing wrong with a female friend that's cool to hang with - she can be a good winglady, automatically vouch for you with any singles she may know, or be a good sounding board for advice regarding any prospects you're working on. Life's not all about the absolutes that you wrote about...