Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Jackson's Family Exploitation Dynasty.

Just like most of yall, although we hate reality shows...we can't stop watchin them. Why? Because those are really the only shows on TV at this point. Some shows are hella good and heartwarming (Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), some are HYSTERICAL (Jersey Shore), some have an underlying meaning to them (Tough Love); and I could go on for days. However, some of them make me sick. I'll see shit like Half-Ton Mom/Dad/Teen...but it's disgusting in terms of the WOW factor. Hoarders on A&E...same shit. The Jacksons Family Dynasty however...takes the cake.

Who in the blue fuck are these dudes? When was the last time any of Michael Jackson's brothers relevant?? I don't even think the sperm that would become me was created yet when that happened. Now all of a sudden after MJ got murdered (that wasn't an "accidental drug overdose") you wanna feel as though now it's time to see how the family is "coping" with his death & goin back into the studio. Get the fuck outta here. That's like never tellin a girl you love her n then when she break up with you and find another dude, you buy her a $4 million ring like Kobe did. How they still black, while MJ turned white? You can't eat off his work so now you gotta go to the field & plant your seeds your damn selves. Personally I hope they fail with whatever project they're tryin to do. I know we're in a society where we like to exploit the fuck out of someone...but this is ridiculous. I didn't watch the season premiere and have no intentions of watchin it for a second.

My opinion on MJ: He was a hella great performer and sure, I listened to his music when I was younger...when he was visible in my eyes. But he became dead to me a hella long time ago, simply a footnote. I have no right to be one of those folks who when he died decided to go on Limewire and go on a downloading spree of MJ. I wasn't one of those ppl who decided to have 80s boomboxes with em and blaring MJ on the street...or go to a "Michael Jackson Pub Crawl" (yes in NYC they had one). Unless you're one who still listened to him until the day he died...you're a bandwagoner. "Ohhhh yeahhh I remember him now." ain't gonna cut it.

This show I know is gonna try to attract those people who are hardcore fans of the Jacksons. If they see through this and know that it's all a ploy...it will backfire tremendously. I don't hope for many failures...but I hope this show flops ratings-wise like no other. On Twitter, it wasn't a trending topic so that's probably true. The only problem is that the Jackson's "Won't Stop Til They Get Enough" of this exploitation of MJ to use him as a cash cow. Just "Beat It".

And so on.

1 comment:

Rina said...

wow u have a alot of hate dude...CHILL. i watched the show and i liked it, the brothers well most of them are chill. i wan't around in the their hey day and all(i'm only 18) but i can still appreciate good music. i wish them the best.also they started filming before michael died.