Sunday, June 29, 2008

DK's 5K/Jersey vs. Long Island Game 1.

So this past Wednesday I decided to run a 5K out on Long Island in Eisenhower Park. Granted, I had been training for it for a few weeks but I didn't realize how tough running it really is. There's a huge difference between jogging by yourself at your own pace and then running with people. It sucks getting passed by people but at the same time you have to pace yourself and remind yourself that you're running it for you and not to win the race. This was what was going through my head.

Start point: I'm curious and semi-nervous because I don't know what to expect out of a race. When everybody starts to run I go a little faster than I normally would but I have to know that I'm not tryin necessarily to beat anyone; I have to run for me- at least for now.

As I'm about a mile into it- I can feel my lungs beginning to burn. Usually when I train the hardest mile is the first one because that's when your blood is pumpin the most and you have to get used to that. I'm trying to keep a rhythm and not go too hard in the beginning because I don't want to flame out towards the end. I'm watching people pass me but I don't bother, I try to focus on the task at hand.

When I get to the half-way point (1.6 miles); I go grab water from the water kids. Now I understand why people hardly drink that shit hah because you're in motion...too afraid to stop and kill any momentum you have. Basically I throw the water towards me and whatever falls in my mouth does.

2 and a half miles in I'm just wondering when the fuck is this gonna end. Some lady passes me tellin me I'm doin a good job and it's almost over. I kinda didn't want to hear that though because now I'm just expecting for it to be over real soon. My legs are achin, I'm breathin ridiculously hard and I'm just pushin myself just to finish this shit. When I train I typically start slower and then just pick up the speed especially when I see the finish line. Finally I see the clock and it says 27:45 and counting...honestly I hadn't ran that quickly when by myself but now I push it to try to get there under 28 and a half and I do (barely). 28:28 and 88th place out of 158. Not too shabby except I finished last in my age group hah (20-24) but lets face it...that's the group of death right there.

*****INTERMISSION******

Jersey vs. Long Island: Game 1- Looks.

Through my research and opinion as well as getting the opinions of others; this was a hella close contest.

I work at the Apple Store in Roosevelt Field mall so I do get to see a lot more in the way of LI chicks than I do Jersey. However, they both are hot and pretty much look the same, especially the guid-tastic almost as brown as me Camaro lovers. Though both groups are well renouned for putting on a good amount of makeup- I gave the edge to LI in terms of better bodies; however the edge went to Jersey in terms of how they dress themselves because LI chicks dress like total sluts; especially the younger ones. I don't blame them for showing off what they got because damn it I'd beat (17 and over) but have some respect hah. Talking to people it seemed to be a 50/50 split with some saying Jersey by far, others saying LI by far and then the people who basically could've flipped a coin to determine who's hotter and to be frank with you...I could do this 10 times and each team would probably win 5 times. However, in an double-OT thriller, I gave the edge to LI chicks because ultimately, there's more MILFs out there therefore you know that they're gonna age better.

LI leads the series 1-0. Next game: Personality.

I wear my sunglasses at night. And so on.

No comments: