Saturday, March 8, 2008

Job Bullshit.

You'd think that the workplace is the place to go if you seek professionalism. I call bullshit though, and here's why:

Any time after an interview, the mothafuckas will say "Thanks for comin, blah blah blah we'll let you know whats good in a week or so..." Yano what, it'd be all good if I at least heard back from yall as opposed to me getting no response. I mean, if you're gonna tell me that I didn't get the internship or the job, at least have the balls to tell me. The same way yall decided to interview me or fire people, etc should be the same way yall just say "Sorry you weren't accepted." Don't be such bitches; I understand people only want to hear what they wanna hear, but I ain't gonna complain if you take 10 seconds and not sugarcoat somethin and give me reasons as to why I ain't get the job and perhaps even give me feedback on what to do in future interviews. I shouldn't be the one callin and figuring out for myself whether I got the damn position or not. Obviously if I didn't get the call back then I didn't get it but it'd be nice to tell me as opposed to me twiddlin my thumbs waitin to see if the Tampa Bay Rays will win a World Series or some shit.

At one of my jobs (Adidas), I get an email discussing a full-time opp to work as an IN-Marketing Manager. After reading the job description, I thought it was a perfect fit for me especially given I've worked with the fucks for 2 1/2 years in particular with that department. I tell them that I'm fully interested (as the email stated- and if you expressed interest they'll grant you an interview). Time passes and I don't get any emails back. A couple weeks later I get another one discussing a part-time merchandising job, which I reply back to and mentioned "what happened to the full-time job". The woman replies "Oh, it's already been filled..." Are you fuckin serious??
Thanks for the headsup, I mean damn that's like fuckin a chick and then the chick comes back 3 months later and says "Yeah and I'm pregnant by the way." Motha cluckas.

The worst though that I've dealt with is with my current employer Apple. Since my particular store is closin for a month to do a remodel everybody (part-time and full-time) got an email discussin where/what you gonna do durin the remodel whether you wanna get transferred or take time off whatever the hell. Everyone fills that shit out. All of a damn sudden, it's 2 weeks before the remodel and then all the part-timers get an email sayin "Oh I'm sorry yall ain't workin anywhere we'll keep you updated tho..." What the bloodclot?! In essence yall tellin us yeh you got 2 weeks to find somethin to do or else jerk off to some more Courtney Cox vibrator scenes in your spare time while not gettin paid (btw here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0Svd4Nnps). Then you get the same "oh I feel your pain" bullshit oozin from management. No you really don't understand bc yall are full-time and still gonna have employment meanwhile peeps (some of which have to pay rent and rely on this job as their steady source of income) are out in the cold. Don't go ahead with shit and then basically throw a Johan Santana slider at us. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the part-timers quit because of this (I won't but my time is short).

Terrell Owens will be the first to tell you "If you guys do that man that's unfair." I couldn't agree with him more. It is what it is, but it shouldn't be that way. You wanna control your employees, you wanna call all the shots, yet when it comes to simple bullshit such as yes or no when it comes to a hiring you can't even take the time out to keep it real in that aspect. Personally jobs should be obligated to do this kinda shit- again, I'd rather be told I failed as opposed to me meanderin around like a mothafucka on Survivor lookin for some cooked fish. My personal quote I just made up right now off the ass: If you get people listenin to your shit and disagreein, that's better than not gettin any response at all and listenin to the sweet sound of the crickets chirpin.

And so on.

2 comments:

Anthony V. DeFeo said...

true. This is the way I see it.. I am glad not to hear back from these particular companies. A company that doesn't have the respect to reply in a sufficient time frame let alone at all is undeserving of my drive and passion. These are the type of companies you want to think twice about accepting offers from. I would not want to be part of a company that does not have the decency to kindly thank applicants. Not only does it show a lack of respect for the applicants, it shows a lack of respect for the company. I imagine that a company that does not have respect for itself would have serious difficulty getting respect from its peers/competition let alone its clients. This leads me to believe that there are similar jobs out there that could be potentially much more rewarding in both the short and long term. This could, however, just be a bad egg in a great corporation. These employees are a cancer and their superiors need to do a better job at monitoring their application processes. That is my piece. bless.

Michael D. Wright, Esq. said...

hahahha don't even get me started on this, bruh... as many jobs as I've applied for in the past few months and not gotten calls back (except for the ones back in NY) imagine that?