Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl Prediction/Reasons to Root For or Against The Saints or Colts.

Last Week: 1-1 both straight up & against the spread.
Overall: 4-6 straight up; 5-5 against the spread.

The Colts will definitely cover the 4.5 points...and make the game go over. The Saints thrive on turnovers, but they'll get one AT MOST on Sunday. With Dwight Freeney not at 100% due to him trippin over Mark Sanchez' leg (haa) it may slow down Indy's pass rush...but they're not predicated on one person & their overall team speed makes up for their anonymous defense.

Indianapolis 38 New Orleans 21 FINAL.

So you're probably wondering who I'm pullin for this Sunday. Although I'm pullin for the Saints since the Colts knocked my Jets out of the postseason and their guys had some parting shots afterwards which I didn't take too kindly...here are some reasons to root for these teams. Some of these are what I've heard from ppl too.

New Orleans:
Positives: First-Ever SB appearance; resurrection of a moribund franchise; Katrina; Drew Brees taking full advantage of reviving his career after being left for dead in San Diego; considered by many to be the new "America's Team"; vindication for Jeremy Shockey (depends on which way you wanna look at it tho); Jonathan Vilma (for me).
Negatives: Dirty as fuck defense; always having a feeling in the back of my head they're hella overrated for a 13-3 team; arguably the most bandwagon fans currently in the game waters down an otherwise great story.

Indianapolis:
Positives: Another SB for Peyton Manning will solidify his legacy even further in regards to being the greatest QB of this era...if not ever; the whole "black coach" thing with Jim Caldwell (I don't want to hear it...but hey, it's why my dad's rootin for em); Pierre Garcon (for me); don't have anyone on their squad who you can truly hate.
Negatives: They beat my boys & I honestly believe it was more us shooting ourselves in the foot than anything; I've grown to hate Clint Sessions; another Manning ring will lead to even more exposure of him on commercials than he already has.

If yall wanna add reasons; go right ahead...DISCUSS.

And so on.

No comments: